Today’s recipe is an inexact, “wing it” type recipe, so if you’re not onto that, it may drive you bonkers.
None the less, I’m sharing, because, you know, tasty….
- 2 eggs
- Almond Flour (maybe 1/2 – 3/4 cup?)
- Mrs. Dash Italian Spice Blend (as much as you like)
- Parmesan Cheese (to taste)
- 1 package chicken (Costco Chicken Tenderloins, 1.8 lbs)
- Tomato sauce of your choice (we’re obsessed about this Hot Sicilian sauce right now)
- Spaghetti Squash (optional)
- Casserole dishe(es)
- 3 of bowls
- Whisk / fork
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 – 350 degrees. (A note, this is also great in a crock pot)
- Spread some tomato sauce in the bottom of the casserole dishes.
- Mix the almond flour, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese in a dish.
- Crack the two eggs and whisk them in a separate bowl.
- Rinse the chicken and place it into a third bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs.
- Roll the chicken in the almond flour mixture.
- Place the chicken into the casserole dish.
- Repeat for the remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle any remaining “breading” on the chicken. Add additional parmesan cheese, if you’d like.
- Place the dishes into the oven.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through (I cooked for 30 minutes at 350)
- Serve over spaghetti squash with additional sauce and cheese!
A few notes:
- The amount you have to use largely depends on how much chicken you’re trying to make, and how you like the flour / spice / cheese balance.
- This is so tasty, in either the oven or in the crock pot.
- Spaghetti squash is our favorite way to accompany this, though, I bet zoodles would be quite delightful.
- Gia Russa is seriously incredible Hot Sicilian sauce. It’s not super low in sodium, but, it’s worth it! (and, is relatively low, compared to other store bought sauces). Highly, highly recommended!!
How do you like to make primal / paleo chicken parm?!
Hope you enjoy!
Let’s eat and be merry, and healthy!
PS: Here’s a look at the crock pot version of this recipe, which is my preferred method (ovens in the spring and summer in AZ? Pass.)